Sunday, April 1, 2012

Am I surprised? This is a Test- The results

To all of you who wished me luck as I embarked on my "research assignment" I thank you! I would be lying if I said I wasnt slightly nervous because its Lent and I wasnt going to have any liquid courage to help me with my assignment but fortunately and unfortunately I didnt need it.

If you havent read my previous blog you may be slightly confused as to what I am talking about so you might want to read "This is a Test" before you start with this one but to the rest of you here it goes.

Of course My mission last night was to talk to a random guy I found attractive and to find out if Toronto guys are really as wack. Of course I wouldnt be able to determine that from one conversation but as I said previously a lot of women in this city complain that the men here either dont approach them or they just have bad attitudes when you try to get to know them. Unfortunately I cant tell you if that is true or not because unfortunately my night did not consist of any attractive guys at all. Of course my taste in men may vary from yours and thats absolutely fine but in my opinion and of that of my girl, we were highly disappointed.

I was dressed to the nines if I must say so myself. I didnt want to blame the way I looked physically to be the reason why I was rejected so I knew that I had to make sure I looked all that and more and I am glad to say i did. My girl and I walked up into the club(mind you it was an acquaintance birthday thats why we were out) and immediately we were disappointed. It was just after 11:30pm and it looked like half the guys in there were already drunk which is a complete turn off since the club wasnt in full effect. we were lucky enough to be on a different floor from the rest of the club goers because for the night we had VIP status. So my girl and I decided we would still make the best of the night because the night was still young and we were hopefully that the "scene" would improve. We were then told by the birthday girl that the booth next to the one we were in was for a local celebrity. Now mind you, to those of you who may know this celebrity...he is really not all that...small scale toronto artist but I guess anyone who has a song out is famous in this city. He is definitely not on the level of the Melanie Fionas or the Drakes but I guess to his particular community he is all that and a bag of chips(arab community)

So my girl and I were just hanging out vibing to the music, next thing we know, these girls dressed in bras and panties(no exaggeration they really were drwessed in bras and panties)Where hoisted onto this mid air platform to dance. My assumption is they were go go dancers. Next thing we know all the guys on our floor were rushing to the raillings to get a better look. That immediately turned us off. I mean the fact that the men were immediately excited to see scantily glad women made me think that there was nothing in here for me. Now dont get me wrong, I am sure women get excited for that too, but there are a time and a place for that and the place is a strip club.

Pretty much that was our night. We had no one to approach because either the guys were drunk as hell, or they looked 12 or they were not attractive and didnt carry themselves well enough for me to want to approach them. To make matters worse, when the local celeb walked into the club all of a sudden these girls from no where rush into his booth trying to get his attention. He is not attractive in the least...compared to the arab men I know, he is pretty short but thats fine and he had the biggest and fakest chain I have ever seen. He had an entourage of about 8 people and enough girls to have some fun with. I was actually quite disappointed because I always like to believe that some girls wont go a little crazy over a celeb but I guess I was wrong. At that point it was our que to leave.

The highlight of the evening was when my girl and I got some late night food at a shawarma joint and that was probably the best shwarma I had had in awhile. We did see a cute black police officer at the shawarma place who did smile when we walked in so that gave us a bit of hope that all is not lost with black men in this city but we were soo turned off by the events of the night we were just trying to get our food and go.


So what are my results? At this point I'll say they are inconclusive. I am turned off by the men in the club but then again I can stereotype the men in this city by the ones I meet in teh club, so i might have to try another venue to test my theory but if the men in this club are any i indication of the men in this city then I must say I am disappointed. But regardless of how they looked, not a single guy walked up to my girl and I. The only guy who approached me only stopped to say sorry for stepping on my foot and then proceeding to tell me that he hopes I am not part of the celebs entourage because if I was he would slap me. So when I said no, he said you are better than that right and I said of course but other than that no one. Mind you, I am used to visiting other cities and behing hounded by a bunch of men....not because I am attractive but because men in other cities are bolder.

Anyway stay tuned. I am planning to explore this topic more but I can say it will take a lot to change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment