Friday, August 13, 2010

My flaws

Hey guys, I am sorry I have been silent. Its funny how I thought having free time would mean I would write more but I havent been inspired lately so its been difficult to keep up but anyways I am back so here you go.

Few updates, I just celebrated a birthday! 30 is fast approaching and though I am actually looking forward to it, I can't help but wonder sometimes if I am ready? There is so much I thought I would have accomplished by my 30th birthday and though I have a little bit of time to accomplish those goals, I do feel the pressure to make it happen fast! It's not like I am not trying but its tough times...Its funny how we all have all these goals and dreams and deadlines we set for ourselves and then just like that, a twist in life happens and your goals and dreams are put on hold or maybe they change, it all depends on your circumstances and your state of mind at the time. I am not going to let it slow me down and stop me from achieving them but this time I am allowing God to lead the way and I will follow.

Okay so unto what my blog is about. I am sure from previous blogs, most of you have realised by now that I used to and sometimes still do have a poor image of my self. Its been a fighting process and its taking a lot of work to actually get my mind in that place where I can see myself and love every little bit of me. Of course there are some parts of me I love more than others and there are parts of me that I completely hate but I try not to let it get me down or stop me from loving the rest of me. Either way its an uphill battle I plan to fight and I pray that with time i will win this battle.

Anyway, I have recently had some more free time than I have wanted and if there is anything that I am afraid of is to have all this free time and use it to sit back and get fat. Not that being big is a bad thing but if you have been battling your weight like I have all my life then you know that weight is not my favourite thing. Anyway, so I have been hitting the gym extra hard and personallY i havent seen any results but I a few people have said they see a difference. So this afternoon, I decided to treat myself to a mani and pedi. Hey just cus money is not coming in doesnt mean I cant still look good...after all it is summer time and hammer toes is definitely not a good look. Anyways I board the bus on my way home and this older black lady gets on the bus. I see her staring at me...not necessarily smiling but not screw face either. I ignore her and keep on listening to my music minding my business. As this lady disembarks the bus at the station she taps me, I lean in and she says..." You have a super figure" Trust me that was the nicest and biggest compliment I have heard in a long time if not ever! I was immediately overjoyed!

I guess the purpose of my post is basically to say this. What you may think is unattractive is what others see as beautiful.Its amazing how we let our insecurities shiled us from seeing how beautiful we are. I recently read an article about what men surprisingly love about us and I quite frankly was surprised by some of the things men loved. Either way its okay to acknowledge and realise you have flaws but dont let it prevent you from letting others see your beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment